Saturday, November 06, 2004

Dawn in Iraq

Thanks to InstaPundit for pointing to this update from Iraq.

The Mudville Gazette is a heartening view from a US soldier in Iraq.

His ridicule of Big Media (The New York Times in this case) is delicious.

That reporter shore is a smart feller. He's rite. I'm hopin I can get me one of them innernets over here and start me a blog. Also he's rite about homo marridge, Thats the nummer one issue with troops, homo marridge.

One domestic issue resonates with many troops, he said, because it angers them: gay marriage. But on many other issues, troops tend to be too busy or too far from home to pay close attention.

If I get me a innernet I'll stop that homo marridge.

. . . Here in my world the Chaplain opened the commander's staff meeting with a prayer. After calling for hellfire to rain down on gay people everywhere he gave thanks for our Democracy, thanks for the freedom that Americans enjoy, and expressed his fervent hope for Iraqis to share that soon.

Indeed, may we all give Thanks and offer Prayers of Protection to those protecting us.

After all, "Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

That is an unfortunate fact The Left cannot comprehend.