Thursday, February 10, 2005

Goldberg Crushes Cole

But, Jonah would be the first to admit it wasn't that hard.

Karnak-Cole

[Cole] did, however, read my mind. He writes:
The reason Mr. Goldberg is alarmed that I pointed this obvious fact out is that he wants to kill thousands of Iranians and thousands of US troops in a war of aggression on Iran. If the American public knows that there is a lively struggle between hardliners and conservatives in Iran, and that an American intervention there would be a huge disaster and would forestall the natural evolution of Iran away from Khomeinism, then they might not support Mr. Goldberg's monstrous warmongering.

That is why he attacked me.

Uh...help me out here. I attacked Cole to keep him from tipping off the American people about the struggle between "hardliners and conservatives" in Iran? (Did he really mean to say "hardliners and conservatives" — that sounds like a super-lively debate.) I want to kill thousands of Americans and Iranians in an aggressive war? Someone draw me a diagram. Where does Cole get this stuff? Does he just make it up? This is the only column I've written specifically on Iran. Could someone show me the part where I lay out my monstrous warmongering agenda?

Last time I checked, scholars looked for this thing called "evidence."

It is heartening to see smart people calling out nutcases who purport to be college professors (just how do such specimens of lunacy get tenure?).

Latest absurdity funded by Colorado (and American) taxpayers:

"I don't answer to Bill Owens. I do not answer to the Board of Regents in the way they think I do. The regents should do their job and let me do mine," Churchill said to thunderous clapping. "I'm not backing up an inch. I owe no one an apology."

In an essay, Churchill wrote that workers in the World Trade Center were the equivalent of "little Eichmanns," a reference to Adolf Eichmann, who ensured the smooth running of the Nazi system. Churchill also spoke of the "gallant sacrifices" of the "combat teams" that struck America.

Repulsive.

I like Governor Owens (he would be my second favorite in '08 behind Condi), and I hope he goes after Ward Churchill for the right reasons, i.e. his fraud, not his speech.

Ward Churchill has been masquerading as an Indian for years behind his dark glasses and beaded headband. He waves around an honorary membership card that at one time was issued to anyone by the Keetoowah Tribe of Oklahoma. Former President Bill Clinton and many others received these cards, but these cards do not qualify the holder a member of any tribe. He has deceitfully and treacherously fooled innocent and naïve Indian community members in Denver, Colorado, as well as many other people worldwide. Churchill does not represent, nor does he speak on behalf of the American Indian Movement.

It sure would be encouraging to explore the fraud narrative in the Legacy Media, but that would require some work -- once again, the heavy factual lifting will be left to Bloggers (and the Legacy Media wonder why they are losing audiences in record numbers).

Instead, we get this lame AP piece parroted by CNN.

A longtime American Indian Movement activist. . . .

The AP clearly has yet to hear about Google (which is all I did to find the AIM fraud link above) -- talk about culturally illiterate.

And CNN and others pay the AP for news?

What a racket -- and an even larger fraud on the American public.

Another example of Blogs disproving the old adage, "You get what you pay for."

Blogs are free and fact-filled and very often extremely well researched -- much more so than AP pieces that many pay dollars for.